Thursday, December 4, 2008

Plaxico Burris

Hello everyone,
I don't know if you've been keeping up with the news or not, but I am extremely upset and embarassed as well with the whole Plaxico Burris situation. If you haven't heard this NFL star and multi-millionaire shot himself in the leg while at a night club in New York City last week. I have a lot of negative feelings about NFL players that due STUPID things, yes I said it.
Though I do not know him personally, I for one would have to imagine that if he feared for his own life then one why would he put himself in a "dangerous" situation. Secondly, if he wanted to go to the club and felt threatened I have to imagine he can afford to hire LISCENSED security...which means they ARE legally able to carry loaded handguns (if you are unaware that in NY state you canNOT have a handgun unless in some type of law enforcement job).
It just pisses me off that these guys have the best Professional FOOTBALL job you can get and they take it for granted. I wish when they do stupid things they would think of all the players out there that WISHED they could be in their shoes...then maybe they would learn to respect the positions they are in and would not take it for granted.
Finally, I agree with his suspension w/o pay, but feel like 4 games is not enough. How about everytime one of these guys making millions does something stupid we take the salary he has to forfeit and put it in the lower level leagues where WE don't have all the perks such as big money, best training staffs, equipment, etc. of NFL players.
Do you Agree???

C4

No comments: